The Korean Federation of Teachers' Associations (President, YOUN Jong-Gun) held the 84th Board of Representatives on April 14th and approved Mr. CHO Heung-Soon, current Chief Director of Organization Division as new secretary general.
Secretary General CHO Heung-Soon worked as a high school teacher and joined the KFTA in 1984. He worked in various department of KFTA including Organizational Network Department, Educational Policy Department, Public Relations Office, Policy Negotiation Department, Educational Research Institute and so on.
The KFTA members expect that his diverse working experience will contribute for KFTA’s growth from making educational policy, managing the organizational network to building public relations.
In Board of Representatives, Mr. Cho said, “The KFTA will do its utmost to be a leading teachers’ organization by suggesting educational policy to realize its ‘Good Education, Good Teachers’ campaign rather than just dealing with current educational issues passively. Especially, the KFTA will focus on developing and realizing educational policies which people and students can trust.”
The candidates for the Secretary General of the KFTA are recommended by Board of Directors and appointed by rapproval of Board of Representatives.
Secretary General carries out all KFTA activity programs which are decided in Board of Directors and Board of Representatives.
The tenure of the office is 3 years and can be reelected once.
Inauguration will be held on April 20th.
▷ Birth Date : April 25th,1957
▷ Educational Background
- Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, B.A. (Korean Education)
- Korea University, Graduate School of Education, M.D. (Educational Administration)
- Korea University, Ph.D. (Educational Administration)
▷ Working Experience
- High School Teacher
- Director of Organizational Network Department and Public Relations Office, Principal Researcher of Education Research Institute
- Chief Director of Policy Division and Organization Division
- (Former) Educational Policy Consultant of Ministry of Education and Human Resources, Member of Independent Private High School Judging Committee of MOE, Honorary Editorial Writer of Seoul Newspaper
- (Present) Executive Member of the Korean Society for the Study of Teacher Education, Executive Member of the Korean Society for the Study of Education, Permanent Member of the Korea Society for Education Law, Member of Steering Committee in Seoul National University of Education Experimental School.